View Single Post

Old 11-08-2020, 10:33 AM
US Veteran

Liked 14,382 Times in 5,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raljr1 View Post
That was likely a good buy for a M&P 38 target. Stocks may have kept the price down as did the description.
Well Robert, I bought that one. The error in the title description and overexposed photos, plus the ugly rubber grips definitely kept the price down. The pre-war description turned out to be pre-WWI, not II. There are a couple sets of nice gold medallion stocks in my parts drawers that will quickly be added when I get the revolver. This turned out to be a shipped in 1911, making it a 3rd Change, not a "K-38 Target Double Action Revolver" I believe the finish to be better than the flood light images when in the hand. Also, if a 6 1/2" barrel length, it would be very uncommon since a 3rd Change should only have a 4" or 6" barrel. 2nd Change revolvers did offer a 6 1/2" barrel and there were probably some left when the change was made, hence the longer barrel on this one.

Will share when I get the gun and am happy to pick up such an early 38 M&P Target gun!!

BTW, Carol Watson offers a 15.5% buyers fee with check or cash onsite payment. The 18.5% is for credit card.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (147.9 KB, 37 views)
The Following 3 Users Like Post: