View Single Post

Old 11-12-2020, 09:57 AM
US Veteran

Liked 6,528 Times in 2,037 Posts

I think we all gravitate to a position that makes us happy as an individual.
S&W and Colt's have earned their place in history and developed a substantial following among collectors. My opinions should be of little or no practical value to you, as what floats your boat may not float mine.
As for me, I have a substantial amount of Colt's semi-auto handguns in the safe heavily weighted towards the 1911 and 1908. Revolvers are by far mostly S&W, with a few outliers, none of which are Colt's. I have owned a bunch of Colt's revolvers over the years, but none have moved me enough to give them a permanent home.
It's all personal preference and habit I guess. Going back about 60 years, my first revolver was a K-22, and my first semi-auto was a USGI 1911. I'm glad all of our passions differ a bit, otherwise we would all be chasing the same things and it would be tough to get what we want at a reasonable cost.
Unending arguments could be made based upon which brand is 'better'. They are both good. Collect what moves you! My latest passion is the J-frame Chiefs Special - why? Somehow they move me, and they look great sitting next to my 1917's.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: