Thread: 52-2 question
View Single Post

Old 11-14-2020, 09:23 AM
US Veteran

Liked 50,756 Times in 6,046 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevens View Post
As said above, no variation of the Model 52 ever made use of a decocker and the manual thumb safety is used as a hammer block only.

I looked at the picture you posted of your 52. Though it isn’t a very high resolution photo, I can still tell that something is very much NOT normal with your trigger. It is out much further than a 52-2 trigger typically ever sits forward. And although the picture doesn’t show great detail, that trigger does not appear to even be an OEM 52-2 trigger part — it really looks very much like a 39 or 59 trigger.

I wonder if you have any back story on this pistol. That trigger simply doesn’t look the way that S&W shipped them and it makes me wonder who swapped it out and why.

Can you post a better, more detailed picture in better light?
i agree - the trigger does not look normal for a 52-2. For the sake of comparison, here is a shot of my 52-2 with the trigger in the normal position. As for the safety, it was designed to just cover the end of the firing pin to prevent an inadvertent discharge and to allow dry firing with no possibility of damage to parts.

John

Last edited by PALADIN85020; 11-14-2020 at 09:29 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: