View Single Post

Old 12-02-2020, 10:00 AM
US Veteran

Liked 14,384 Times in 5,480 Posts

I have only held one that was similar to this one, with two barrels. If I recall correctly, the hammer mounted firing pins could be move out of the way, so one could fire two shots at a time or the entire outer cylinder row, then switch firing pins to fire the entire inner cylinder row. The image I posted is suggested to be French, but only a 22 caliber 30 round cylinder.

There is a three barrel version that is an 18 shot with fixed firing pins and shoots two rounds at a time. The only online examples seem to indicate there may have been a few different designs that were all prototypes, but maybe never commercially produced?? RIA sold one in 2014 and it had an estimated price of $3500 - $5000. Their description is below:

Produced by an unknown maker with a design suggesting European, possibly French, manufacture. The revolver is fitted with a set of over/under barrels and a 2-layer cylinder with 30 chambers. Blade and notch sights, with a fixed double firing pin configured to shoot each barrel in sequence and a smooth grip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (58.0 KB, 17 views)
The Following 2 Users Like Post: