View Single Post

Old 12-04-2020, 09:55 AM

Liked 1,270 Times in 693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4011 View Post
Only carry what the weapon holds. Wondering for concealed carry if we had to go to court. Will they say since you have the loaded weapon and a spare mag your looking for a fight. My thinking is if I had a spare mag with me how would I load it running the other way. Picture this a 6 ft. 185 lb. 75 year old running trying to reload while wetting his self. I'll just go with my 8+1.
You would not have to be running if you had a spare mag or 2. Fear of Rambo complex? I was driving and started hearing a strange noise, the noise was my 40 cal cartridges falling out of the magazine. The base plate broke and emptied on the floor. You might say what are the chances, I do not know, but It did happen to me. Also a I stated above a minimum of one spare mag. Went on a Montanna bear hunt 9 years ago, 2 rifles, same make, model, caliber, scope + 6 mags. Each mag was cleaned and checked with live fire in both guns, perfect. We drove so no baggage handlers. Went to check zero and the mag would not feed, though it worked perfectly 48 hrs before? Why? Always need at least one spare mag, for rifle, pistol, shotgun, other wise you may have only a single shot or a rock. Be Safe,