View Single Post

Old 12-05-2020, 01:25 PM

Liked 125 Times in 28 Posts

i grew up without a father so i never had any of the "father son" stuff but i remember being into guns - movies t.v. etc. i always thought they were cool - i remember having a gun magazine in 1979 with a 6" Colt Python on the cover - it had a scope on it and i just thought it was the coolest looking gun i'd ever seen in my 11 years on the Earth -

fast forward to the mid 90's and i picked up a 4" King Cobra and thought i was pretty cool because it reminded me of that Python - had to sell it to pay rent UGH!

a few years ago i was playing poker with some friends and for some reason i started talking about that Python on the cover of that mag and the KC i use to own when one of my friends said he had a Colt revolver but knew nothing about it and was kicking around the idea of selling it - i told him to send me a pic of it - a few days later i got that pic and i got very excited - my only thought was if he knew what he had or not - i offered him $600 and he declined - he then sent me a pic of a Glock 21 and said he would sell me both for $1000 - i told him i was coming over right away and i bought them both - i sold the Glock for $500 so i ended up paying $500 for a 1980 Colt Python! now every time we play poker i razz him about it and we all have a good laugh -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Colt Python 1980 .jpg (88.9 KB, 58 views)
The Following 8 Users Like Post: