View Single Post

Old 12-14-2020, 03:56 PM

Liked 4,204 Times in 1,874 Posts

Update!

The Adaptive Defensive Shooting Summit has come and gone. I was not in a position to purchase the 365, but was fortunate enough to win one. I am currently waiting for both my permits to arrive, and my trophy to arrive at my local FFL.

Some reflection on previously offered commentary:
Try shooting the pistols. Unlike last year, this year, we had a demo bay that we could access on Friday during the lunch break. The vendors present included: S&W, Colt, Sig, Glock, and Daniel. With the exception of Colt, everyone had demo guns in 9mm. Colt had a new Python, a King Cobra, an Elite Combat 1911 and a Gold Cup Trophy. At the Sig booth, I shot the 365, and it handled nicely. At the Glock booth, I shot the G26, and it felt familiar, since I was shooting a G17.5. At the Smith booth, I shot the Smith Shield 9mm EZ, which required a little more effort on my part, and had the most muzzle flip of all the 9s that I shot. At the Canick booth, they had 3 or 4 models that they were eager to have everyone try, and they made the most concentrated effort to win the interest of the competitors.

Yes, the G26 WILL accept magazines from a G17 or a G19, but when you are limited to 10 rounds, that flexibility is moot!

The P365 vs G43X is a better comparison. Yes, size-wise, it is. However, because of where I currently live, I am lucky to CCW once or twice a month, so I like to look at versatility. If I were to get a G26, I could shoot that in the Sub Compact division, while I can shoot my G17 in the Civilian division. I was just shocked when I discovered that the G43X is considered a sub compact! This just made the decision process murkier!

I truly appreciate all of your advice!