View Single Post

Old 12-19-2020, 12:36 PM
US Veteran

Liked 6,982 Times in 2,190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterGun View Post
I believe ammo manufacturers will be tentative about increasing output as long as there’s the threat of banning online sales.
Unless and until ammunition manufacturing itself is banned (and how will that ever happen), those manufacturers will be cranking out as much as they can. Online sales is only one of many ways they can market their product. The ban of online sales , while inconvenient, would only increase the sales at the brick-and-mortar stores, or direct sales from telephone orders (remember calling the company directly to order a product? That's how it was done before the internet).

As for the Federal Ammo guy's whining, I can sympathize; it's probably inconceivable how much mail they've received, and so far as open-air complaints about them conspiring or cutting production goes, just take a look at the number of posts on this website and multiply it by all firearms discussion forums. I'm somewhat surprised he didn't start spewing expletives.

These guys (the ammunition manufacturers) also have a supply chain to keep intact; if just one piece they need doesn't get delivered in sufficient quantity, or not at all, the entire production suffers. Sure, they're making profits like never before; I would hope they aren't taking advantage of the situation and reaming the customer by exorbitant prices on a wholesale level, but I'm sure they are charging more for their product, just like the oil companies charge more under periods of higher demand, or groceries when there are shortages due to crop failures or poor growing seasons. Those increased prices only get compounded at the retail level, and again, I only hope the retailers are only raising prices equivalent to the increased demand and decreased availability.

This past year has been like no other; a vitriolic and confrontational national election, in the midst of a health crisis like we haven't seen in 100 years which has stretched our patience, created panic and worry, and crippled the economy, and still has no end in sight.

I don't like it any more than anyone else, and I'm doing much of what everyone else is doing; collecting, saving (hoarding if that's what you want to call it, but I'm not to the point I can support a war yet) and as much as anything, hoping for improvement.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: