View Single Post

Old 12-19-2020, 06:53 PM

Liked 19 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfholmes View Post
...snip...
Opinion please - should I wait for S&W to give it another shot or should I just go for a Ruger LCR or Taurus?
...snip...
Oh well. That's all. Any ideas or opinions anyone?
I have a Ruger SP101, and Single Seven, a Taurus M327 and a Henry, in .327 mag. I bought the Taurus for my wife. After she got used to the .32S&W and .32S&WL, I had her shoot nothing but .32H&R mag and .327FM self defense loads. After about three years, the revolver is unreliable. Many light strikes. Tore it down to bare bones, cleaned everything. Changed out the springs with Wolf springs of different weights, and it did not help. Never tried contacting Taurus about it, to see what might be repairable or not. I really like the Single 7, my personal favorite of what I have. I am interested in getting an LCR but not at the prices they are going for on auction sites. If an LGS gets one in stock, I might tick off my sweetie and just buy it.

My opinion, get the LCR now, or spend spend spend on the S&W. Wish I had got the S&W when they were being made, can't/won't pay that much for them now.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: