View Single Post

Old 12-23-2020, 08:03 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have 2 S&W 3000's. The one is the parked Police gun with 20" barrel, rifle sights, folder and a 3 round extension, the other is 18" blued with bead and wood stock set. Both are in close to new condition.

Not entirely crazy about the folder. So I've now picked up a SpeedFeed 2+2 Rem 870 stock to go on it. (I've seen enough pics of S&W's with this stock on them)

As rat 76 said, the stock fits perfectly to the receiver.

The standard S&W stock bolt is too short by about an inch so I'm going to do the all thread thing as detailed below.

I hope someone else is still interested in these smooth, beautiful high quality shotguns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rat 76 View Post
Yes. I bought a 3000 with the folding stock some years back. After looking online for the answer to your question for years I broke down & tried it. Picked up a Synthetic Remington Police stock on ebay cheap last month.

On the end of the stock that fits into the receiver it's snug up & down. Side to side there is a little play but the trigger guard holds it pretty well & once the stock is tightened up it's solid. The outside surface of the stock fits the receiver perfectly.

I used a piece of 8mm threaded rod, 3 nuts & a large flat washer with the sides clipped off. Used one nut as a jamb nut to lock the rod to the receiver & the other two to hold the stock on & lock the second nut.

Did not like the side folder. Very unpleasant to shoot. Wish I'd done this years ago.

Jim