View Single Post

Old 01-01-2021, 07:06 PM
US Veteran

Liked 14,219 Times in 4,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18DAI View Post
Thanks again all! And I appreciate all the kind offers and leads on spare parts to convert my "vanilla" 3913 to a single sided safety! Much appreciated! A more helpful and kind group of folks here, than will be found ANYWHERE else.

But my 3913 is not going to be modified. It is going back into storage. That particular pistol has done its bit for King and Country and is retired. To be taken out and enjoyed occasionally. My new to me 3913NL, which was aquired through a friend here, will be arriving at the end of the month.

It will be carried and shot. A LOT! I will give details and a range report after it arrives and I have a chance to wring it out. If I'm lucky, I may get time to meet up with my good friend Jeppo and have him run a few mags through it too.

My 45s are not going anywhere. I will not be shooting as much 45 as I have been. And carrying them less. Not because of any short coming on their part. Due to physical limitations and old shooters issues.

I will be trying to slowly go to a 9mm carry gun - THIS 3913NL carry gun. Time passes and I have high mileage. Time to adjust. And keep shooting a bunch! Best regards, 18DAI
Since you'll be making the transition to carrying the 3913NL, 18, any thoughts at this point on what your carry load will be? Accustomed as you are to the 45 self-defense ammo, what will you choose for your bet-your-life-on round in the smaller caliber?

One reason I ask is that I, too, have a compact 9mm that I have begun to carry, and figuring out how to get maximum effectiveness out of it was a very seriously considered endeavor. As a 45ACP guy at heart, it's harder than I thought to be confident in consciously going smaller.