View Single Post

Old 01-10-2021, 11:28 AM

Liked 749 Times in 422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUSTON RICK View Post
Although the 908 was originally a "budget Model", they are now in the "They do not make them Like That Anymore" category. Prior to the madness, that price would be on the high end within reason, but now, probably fine. Most folks here bought most of our guns (and ammo) a while back and current prices fluctuate more than in the past. The Model 908 is a nice gun that will do whatever you need a nine mm hand gun for. You will hear about MIM and plastic parts, but outside of Seal Team Six missions and with reasonable care it will serve you well.
The madness prices of today are for people who are buying their first gun, & box of ammo who are unprepared, & did not buy anything during the last few years when prices were rock bottom. It is their punishment for waiting until the last minute. Those of us who have plenty of guns, & ammo, who don’t NEED something now should avoid making a “stupid price” purchase at this time. I always keep extra cash around should a great deal come up, & the seller needs $ immediately, but with the “stupid prices” of today, I just yesterday dropped $2500 into the bank because I finally realized there are no more great deals, & I have everything I need. A few weeks ago I did get a great deal on a Mauser Broomhandle with the buttstock, but that’s an antique, & wasn’t affected by the current stupid pricing. So for someone who may have a bunch of 3rd Gen Guns looking to add another, I’d say don’t, at the current prices. Let the unprepared who didn’t pay the rock bottom prices of the last four years pay the “stupid prices” of today. GARY

Last edited by N4KVE; 01-10-2021 at 12:55 PM.