View Single Post

Old 01-13-2021, 03:04 AM
US Veteran

Liked 714 Times in 476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMagg View Post
I'm gonna disagree with you one time here Sarge, it tied up the OP's weapon. Eugene Stoner designed the AR-10, he did it right the first time. The OP has demonstrated, that sometimes, safety features added after the fact, do not in fact contribute to overall function or safety of the weapon...

Smith and Wesson has at least one other objectionable such device on their current revolvers...

Don't complicate something simple that works well, and always, always, keep your muzzle pointed in a safe direction!

but I will agree in principle that the original designer know's what he is doing, and I don't like modifying or at home engineering, especially when it has to do with a safety feature, that's why my M&P wears a thumb safety...

No problem with the disagreement. That is part of the reason a forum like this exists and while I do have some knowledge on things, I am certainly not the final authority or any kind of credible expert. If you know something I don't, by all means please bring it up. We are all here to learn together.

I did give the option of trying it without the spring as long as they test it first to make sure it won't be a problem.

The OP did bring up the potential issue with Federal primers. Whether any manufacturer uses them or not in .308 ammunition, I can't say. With their reputation of being soft, it could be an issue or it could not.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: