View Single Post

Old 01-20-2021, 10:53 AM

Liked 5,519 Times in 2,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9245 View Post

And I do use a digital scale, it gives accurate readings however it has an annoying habit of a wandering zero after a few seconds and it doesn’t like to update when powder is only trickled in. To use it, I get close, then pour the powder in an empty case, re zero the scale, then pour the powder out of the casing back on to the scale, then I repeat until it repeats the correct measurement, so I will measure say 7.1 grains, pour off the powder, re zero, then measure the powder again, if it still reads 7.1 I know the measure was accurate the first time, I repeated that process for each round then hand fed the charged cases through my press.

................ (you know, if “dirt” is gold and platinum, and “cheaper” is like a penny, “you saved -5000%!”)
I have no idea what you paid for the whizz-bang electronic scale, but a simple magnetically dampened beam scale (and a set of check weights-which you should have bought with the whizz-bang scale) would probably have been cheaper and would certainly be faster to use. Should be a next purchase priority.

As someone noted above, bullet placement is far more important than bullet diameter, shape, velocity, weight and/or sexy design.

Last edited by WR Moore; 01-20-2021 at 10:55 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: