View Single Post

Old 01-20-2021, 11:30 AM

Liked 70 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimoreed11754 View Post
Having to pull perfectly good ammo apart to experiment with in todays reloading world isn’t a good idea imo. If you have no components why bother to do this now? Let’s say you achieve your goal but only have a handful of loads built-why bother? And on the other side lets say that you do unfortunately blow the cylinder and destroy the gun and are hurt bad enough to go to the er for treatment exposing yourself and potentially your family to covid. Another bad consequence. Bad timing-bad idea.
Because I don’t anticipate components becoming available again in the near future, I expect about 2 and a half years, at best, and potentially closer to 10-15. Meanwhile, the situation continues to deteriorate and I would really like to have the most effective defensive ammo possible, preferably before looters start burning the neighborhood.

I do not need many, these are intended specifically for carry ammo, realistically I only require 18 rounds (the cylinder plus 2 speed loaders), however I will make extra for testing, practice, and reserve. Should I require more I will have the load data.

I am not particularly concerned about the virus, provided you are not 70+ the death rate is what? 0.02%? I’m more concerned with the flu It’s so mild 40-60% of people with it never even get symptoms. Where the virus is an issue is the reaction to it.