Thread: Not worth $100
View Single Post

Old 01-23-2021, 03:36 AM

Liked 116 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR III View Post
Rather than bashing the letter or its author, I would guess that if you had returned the letter with an explanation about etching versus stamping, that Roy would have gladly corrected the letter to your liking. Even with all that Roy knows he cannot possibly remember every detail about every firearm that the factory ever produced and especially those of limited production and perhaps appeal. I have been collecting S&W's for about 50 years and have never heard of this particular gun. It maters to you because you have an affinity to NC and perhaps to the State Police.

Also remember one thing, just having any letter signed by Dr. Roy Jinks (his autograph) regardless of the contents is most likely worth the price that you paid.
^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS!

Two things I would have done differently;
1. Contact S&W AND asked here on the forum what I could expect in a letter BEFORE requesting one.
2. If unhappy with what I got, I would have contact Roy and spoke to him about it FIRST.

Instead you blindly plunked your money down with "your" expectations in mind, then when you didn't get what you expected you chose to come here and complain "Not worth $100" instead of first contacting Roy. And you expect to gain what from your story here?

If you had contacted Roy and talked to him about the letter, I'd bet you'd be here posting an entirely different tune right now, but you didn't do that. I met the man, he is a true gentleman with a passion all things S&W, you really should have contacted him first sir. Myself, I find your actions, well I just stop right here, I think you get where I stand.

Planning on sending for any letters in the future?
The Following 4 Users Like Post: