View Single Post

Old 01-23-2021, 09:34 AM

Liked 11,885 Times in 5,395 Posts

If I had to pick one S&W 357 Magnum revolver as my only 357 Magnum revolver, I would pick a Model 686 Plus with a 5 inch barrel.

The L-frame is plenty strong for tens of thousands of full power loads like the N-frame, but has the grip size of the K-frame, which provides better DA trigger reach length.

A 5 inch barrel provides good carry characteristics with shoulder holsters and OWB holsters while providing a longer sight radius for hunting and target duties.

The 686 Plus also has a 7-shot cylinder. If I did my math correctly, that's one round more than a Model 27, 627, or Model 28. The 7-shot cylinder also positions the cylinder stop notches between chambers, which may prove to make the cylinder even more durable, no chance of the chamber swelling into the thin, stop notch area.

So there you have my pick for having only one S&W 357 Magnum revolver for the zombie apocalypse. Rick Grimes, eat your heart out.

Oh, I guess I should not use the "eat your heart out" phrase during a zombie apocalypse.