View Single Post

Old 01-24-2021, 12:59 AM
US Veteran

Liked 13,205 Times in 4,578 Posts

Dave, all the best!

====================================

I carry a M649 in all kinds of pants pockets. I don't like Airweights and it's virtually no different. I admit the easiest are cargo pants. I use the standard hip pockets but in cargo pants the pockets are deeper and larger than in slacks/trousers, suit pants (which I never wear anymore), or jeans. I use a Galco nylon pocket holster and it does the job perfectly.

One side note that y'all might like.

I have been carrying pocket guns for 40 years. Mouse guns, J-frames, and small 9mms. I have a 3.5" x 3.5" square of leather that I always place in front of whatever gun I drop into my pocket. Not only does it totally prevent any gun from "printing", it looks like a wallet in tight pockets and it's invisible in loose pockets. It's just a piece of leather folded around a piece of plastic and stitched all the way around. If you have a sewing machine you can make one yourself. My cobbler made mine because I don't have a sewing machine. It lasts forever, it doesn't get in the way of pulling the gun out of your pocket and NOBODY ever knows you have a gun. Trust me on this - many times friends have looked at me and said they knew I had a gun but didn't have any idea where it was.