View Single Post

Old 01-30-2021, 11:31 AM

Liked 5,436 Times in 2,741 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
...... OTOH, any currently produced NATO 9mm will probably rate at about +P if loaded in Europe, somewhat less from the US manufacturers, right?
NATO ammo is NATO ammo irrespective of where it's produced. So, your European loaded ammo is probably standard pressure by CIP requirements, the US version is slightly above SAAMI pressure for standard 9 mm, not sure if it makes +P. There was a thread on here sometime back where we got deep into the weeds. I do believe I've got the actual NATO spec sheet on another computer. Will look tonight.

Quote:
As for my personal 9mm ammo launcher, I’m going on the assumption that a “stock” 639 is OK for +P, and since anything I have done in my build would probably strengthen but certainly not weaken it, I should be OK with any civilian market ammo and any milsurp I encounter except for the German sub gun rounds we’ve discussed. Does that seem to be a fair assessment?
Froggie
Go to the S&W website and download the owners manual and check what ammo it's rated for in it's original configuration. DON'T ASSUME!

Last edited by WR Moore; 01-30-2021 at 11:35 AM.