View Single Post

Old 02-02-2021, 05:40 PM

Liked 5,753 Times in 537 Posts

Several times I was able to hop a ride up to the big outdoor theater at Saigon, and once to a hanger show at Can Tho, the capital of the Delta region, IV Corps to the military. At the Saigon military theater, I was right alongside the entrance, and Jim Neighbors waved at us when he rode by, and Bob Hope was there with his Gold Digger Girls, I think Joey Heatherton was one of them. Bob had been doing USO shows in WWII and on. He was a real patriot to me.

Once, saw Sammy Davis Jr up close with his all girl troupe. I really respected him for taking time from his shows in Vegas to provide some stateside humor to us. These and others were all heroes to me.

From time to time, I would be up at our Province HQ, in Camau, a small US compound, where they had AC and a great club, movies every night, and wore civies. I was in their club one night, for a show with a group from somewhere. Their troupe manager had three shows they would provide, one, start with their clothes on, the next, take them off at the end of their show, and then one where the girls started their show with no clothing on at all.

If the stateside girlfriends and wives had any idea of all this....

Here is one of the Rat Pack himself, Sammy Davis Jr himself.

All the best, and stay safe... SF VET
[IMG][/IMG]
The Following 12 Users Like Post: