View Single Post

Old 02-03-2021, 11:29 AM

Liked 5,753 Times in 537 Posts

This is a pic of the Cambodian soldier's family, all lining up for my match-needle Pentax. The wall of his family abode is used 105 howitzer cases, made out of some sort of worthless cardboard or the like. Dad was a very small man, no more than just over 5 feet tall I guess. But obviously loved his kids, and doted on them. I had cured one of them of skin empetigo with my special soap. Again, how they kept their kids so spotless in all that mud still amazes me.

Once, the battery of 105's in the compound received a barge load of ammunition for the incoming gun crews, and found that the shells were cases of real brass, worth a lot of money on the scrap market. So that night, they fired off the whole barge load, just blasting away to use it up, and in the morning, loaded the spent valuable brass cases back onto the barge, and headed back up to Camau, up the river a few hours.

Since the gun was just outside our own hootch, its may be part of the reason I have a VA hearing disability, and wear issue hearing aids.

Such cute and happy kids.

All the best, and stay safe... SF VET
[IMG][/IMG]
The Following 21 Users Like Post: