View Single Post

Old 02-03-2021, 07:55 PM

Liked 5,753 Times in 537 Posts
Default CPT Gregg Hollinger, MiA

CPT Hollinger I were in the same MACV advisor school at Bragg, NC for three months. I was prepping for my first tour, after 18 months in the 3d ID Germany, as a mech platoon leader and CO.

Gregg was going back for a second tour. I met his wife and two young daughters, and as it were, we went over on the same plane to Tan San Nhut, for about 5 days of in-country briefing. Got our patches and name tags sewn on our jungle fatigues, and were issued a .45 and an M16.

We hopped on a truck to take us and a few other officers out to the airbase, where some SGT with a clipboard said to us "... .you, go noth, you, to III Corps, and pointed to me and said, you, hitch a ride south."

Gregg and I shook hands, and vowed to keep in touch; he was going way north, to I Corps, and we would meet up at the base Officer's Club in a few months and share stories. That would have been late Oct.

This is CPT Gregg Hollinger's MiA report.

All I can say more is he is the reason I fly my flag every day, and have a POW/MIA sticker on my car's rear bumper.

I hope Gregg's wife and daughters long ago came to have peace in their hearts for their husband and dad.

Farwell, Gregg.

Service Member Profile

SF VET
The Following 7 Users Like Post: