View Single Post

Old 02-04-2021, 05:09 PM

Liked 115 Times in 53 Posts

Since everyone else have voiced their opinion I might as well do so.

Someone suggested taking it apart and install it again, that is a good advice and watch the YouTube video Apex have made on the installation. If you still have problems then call Apex or seek out a gunsmith.

As for the whole installing a Apex kit or not debate. This is purely a subjective preference. The M2.0 trigger is a big improvement from the first generation M&P and still better than some polymer pistols like Glock. But an amazing trigger and better than for example Walther PPQ? No it’s not, and for me it was essential to install an Apex trigger in my M&P that is going to be used only for competition. But that is only my opinion, and bashing someone for doing so and saying it’s not needed is somewhat narrow minded.

But looking at this objectively and what people should have in mind when considering installing an Apex trigger. Smith & Wesson have done drop tests with Apex triggers installed and they have fired during the tests where the stock trigger have held up. Should the M&P with Apex be used as an EDC knowing this information? Is it acceptable to have a pistol for competition use only if it might fire if dropped? I know what the right answer is for me, everyone else should make up their own mind.

Last edited by VikingDude; 02-04-2021 at 05:12 PM.