View Single Post

Old 02-09-2021, 12:30 AM

Liked 108 Times in 25 Posts
Default S&W Model 46 5 inch barrel

Well , I have enjoyed seeing all your Model 41's and have been looking for one for many years but could never find one to fit my pocketbook. But all's well I did buy a Model 46 S&W from a fellow officer on the Teaneck PD NJ who was on the pistol team with me, he had bought it brand new but threw the box away, but I bought it anyway for $175.00 ( it has a 5 digit serial 276xx) as I used it to snap in before shooting either my Model 14-2 w/6inch barrel or if I was allowed I fired my Model 52-2 in the competition and usually won for our Team by shooting out the Bullseye. After the match the officers on the other team wanted to shoot my 52-2 and they were amazed how it shot, they also fired my 46 and liked that one too, pretty soon word got around and other dept's in other cities and other States where we also competed also bought S&W Model 41's as a snap in weapon and even had some matches with those. Well you know how Cops are, there was always burgers and Beer at the matches but I never imbibed as I was the youngest officer so I was the designated driver, but always won a case of Beer ( we always took a marked patrol car) but by the time we got back to NJ they were all asleep and snoring. So when we got back to our town I would park the car, take my guns out of the trunk and go in and sign out and left them in the car, telling the Sgt. or Lt. to wake them up LOL.I still have the 46 but was wondering if a 41 barrel would fit on a 46 frame, anybody know? I have a few other semi-auto's, a S&W 45-06, a Walther PP Sport, and 2 Hi-Standards.