View Single Post

Old 02-16-2021, 07:59 AM

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default M&P 2.0 Cracked Frame

I purchased a M&P 2.0 less than a year ago. I probably have less than 100 rounds through the gun. Just recently, my wife and I was at the range and the gun choked, as in, the round cycled did not fire. Also, the round would not easily eject. The range guide came over and by pulling repeatedly managed to get the round out. However, after inspecting the gun, he mentioned that the case of the gun was cracked.

I have since sent the gun back to S&W and they claimed the cracking problem was caused by the ammo and would not honor the warranty. That seems odd, since I was shooting CCI Blazzer 115 gr, 9mm ammo and my wife's Glock 43 shot the same ammo and did not have a problem. I looked online and the M&P is known for cracking.

I explained to the customer rep. that I shot the same ammo as my wife's gun and it cycled just fine.

A little background, I just recently retired after serving 31 years in both the army (first) and then the Navy. I have my share of wars and experience with side arms. Now, I'm retired and on a fixed income. The M&P was purchased at the beginning of the COVID epidemic, because at the time, we had no firearms in the house. Both guns were purchased at the same time from the exchange (receipt sent to S&W). S&W is adamant that this problem of the cracked frame was not due to a known cracking problem but due to ammo. So, which ammo are you suppose to use in your firearms? Because, the CCI Blazzer was purchased at my local range.

Since S&W offered to me, to purchase yet another gun for what they claim is a discount $499.00. Why would I purchase another gun from S&W when they refuse to honor the warranty on the first, and if the second gun fails from the same problem, they will not honor that warranty either. Lastly, at that expense, which I cannot afford at this time, I could have purchased a steel frame gun, without a know cracking problem.

Ultimately, I only want my gun that I purchased to have been fixed or replaced, which, seems is the right thing.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: