View Single Post

Old 02-17-2021, 09:54 PM
Banned

Liked 2,152 Times in 854 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onomea View Post
Your phone store shootout scenario has me thinking maybe I should carry a hand grenade in addition to my trusty .38 spl sixshooter.

Frankly, the scenario I more often imagine is being accosted by a bad guy(s) looking to rob or beat me, etc. I don't envision them coming at me guns blazing. As a civilian, mind-my-own-beeswax kinda guy, I think my being involved in a shootout is about as likely as being hit by space junk.

In your phone store scenario, I'd be doing my best to look as as unthreatening as possible, following directions, etc., while hoping/waiting to get the drop on the bad guys. Probably wouldn't make a move unless killing began. At that point, I hope my nerve would hold so that I'd be able to aim and fire deliberately. Fortunately, I am pretty sure I'll never need to find out.

That's what I think I'd do, too. Don't draw attention, and if you do have to shoot, be a surprise. You'll never see me open carrying, or wearing any clothing that says "second amendment" or anything having to do with guns.

But this happens all the time in the big city. Life is cheap.

Last edited by Univibe; 02-17-2021 at 09:55 PM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: