View Single Post

Old 02-22-2021, 02:02 AM

Liked 10,568 Times in 3,934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protected One View Post
I've grown accustomed to the assisted opening feature and would hate to lose that. Primarily, the knife is used for random cutting: packages, twine, zip-ties, etc. Never as a pry tool (that's not safe IMHO).

Things I have already eliminated?: Karambit knives, and Spyderco (I tried a friends and could not get use to opening with the hole). Nothing against the brand.
My favorite Benchmade (of the ones I own, not the ones I’d like to own) is the Mini Barrage. Assisted, if that is what you want. For a number of years it was my favorite knife. A lot of people who consider themselves cognoscenti disfavor assisted blades (perhaps giving a free pass to the assisted Kershaw Leek, because it is an acknowledged classic). An assisted blade won’t drop shut; you have to use two hands, or your pant leg. Around here, though, the Mini Barrage is quite popular, perhaps more so than the Grip.

Truth be told, though, the assist is not really necessary. A well-adjusted axis knife opens just as fast and easily without the assist.

Last edited by Marshwheeling; 02-22-2021 at 02:12 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: