Thread: Ammo Scalpers
View Single Post

Old 03-04-2021, 06:35 PM

Liked 124 Times in 41 Posts

I am not as much defending people buying low and selling high, which is what any of us would do whether guns, ammo, stocks, real estate, or what have you, as I am defending a free market system.

Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't, but that is the inherent risk and reward of a capitalistic system, or as close to it as the government allows us to have.

While I have seen some complaining about flippers and gougers, what alternatives are you recommending? Price controls? Regulated transactions? Government allocation based on need?

All of those have been tried in the past and have failed miserably, typically resulting in hyper inflation and even more severe shortages than we see in the current ammo market. How much do you think a round, much less a box, of ammo goes for in Venezuela if you can find the black market seller that has it?

I was at a local gun show last weekend and there was no apparent shortage of ammunition from .22LR to .50 BMG and everything in between. These were not stand in line for the truck sellers but larger vendors that I see at every gun show and their prices were in line with what many of those shelf clearers being ridiculed here charge.

So spare me your moral outrage because your chosen hobby now cost a few bucks more or those that finally pulled their heads out of... the sand are paying more for their procrastination.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: