Thread: Ammo in stock
View Single Post

Old 03-11-2021, 11:39 AM

Liked 1,427 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary M View Post
As long as people keep buying at the present prices, there is no incentive at any level to lower prices.
Ammo buyers are creating and extending their own problems every time they go online or into the LGS and pay whay they are asking.
The only way to see prices go down is to create a surplus in the market, not a shortage. As long as people feel lucky to pay $25-$50 for a $10 box of 9mm range ammo and buy at that price, it is not going to get any better.
What I find a bit confusing is, why there continues to be a shortage?

Those of us who had maintained a stock, we're good to go. I added when I could last year at reasonable prices, but I haven't even come near using up what I already had. I'm not buying more at these prices.

Who's buying this all?
Those who didn't maintain a stock, are they suddenly willing to spend a couple grand to stock up, when they weren't willing to spend a couple hundred before?

Those who didn't even own a gun before, have they gone all-in and now want to be preppers?

I understand the run going into the election, but at this point I'd have figured everyone who was buying, would be done by now.
The Following User Likes This Post: