View Single Post

Old 03-13-2021, 04:06 AM
US Veteran

Liked 4,464 Times in 813 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
Sent in my 1076 a few years back that I believe was a FBI model. They fixed it and didn't ask questions. I have several others that I have sent in and never have they came back and denied the work.

Now, I have 2 at the mothership right now, I may be eating my words soon. Hopefully you guys will be instead of me though....

At least worth a call regardless.

You must also consider that the problem is a serious safety issue and could very well be a factory defect. Some manufactures will fix it even if out of warranty depending on the failure for liability reasons. Mossberg replaced a barrel free of charge on my 935 because the vent rib was not straight on the barrel. Bought it used at a pawn shop and was years past the 2 year warranty. It never hurts to ask. I called Georgia Boot once to buy new inserts to my boots, the ones in them had worn out. They shipped me new inserts for free. I was willing to pay for them. The worst they can tell you is no.

Rosewood
Big Blue bought the FBI 1076 guns from the FBI and sols them themselves. A bit of a difference here than the CHP 4006s.