View Single Post

Old 03-15-2021, 09:24 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 9,525 Times in 2,078 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
We also had an above ground pool that got a lot of use when our son was growing up. It was a 15x30 and had a wood deck along one side. It wasn't getting much use after he grew up and at 19 years old it was in need of major repairs so I took it out and used the old deck as a floor for a workshop building. That's the white sided building in the pic.

So we didn't have a pool for 6 years but then the wife decided she wanted another one. I installed a new 15x30 above ground and having been very disappointed in the wood deck we had before, this time I went with composite and built a 16x16 deck along one side and a walkway 3/4 of the way around the pool. I was working for a building materials distributor at the time and got a deep discount on the deck materials but it was still very expensive.

That pool is now 9 years old but both pool and deck are in good condition. The problem is that my wife died two years ago and I have no interest in a pool at all. I can't quite bring myself to tear it all out as I have so much money in it, but it's pretty useless to me.

So I open it for a month or so each year just to keep everything working but I kind of feel like that's a waste of money as well.
I had an above ground pool for when my kids were growing up. It was great for the kids and their friends, and myself, I enjoyed it a lot. I moved from that place and was without a pool for almost 25 years. I had another installed last May and not only is it a grandchild magnet, but I enjoy it also. I especially enjoy floating around in it at night with my favorite libation and watching the skies. You would be surprised at what is flying around up there at night while you're inside. I spend the first 30-45 minutes of pool time doing exercises that are much easier on the arthritis than a bunch of ground pounding. It's the perfect place to go after sweating in the South Mississippi sun.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: