View Single Post

Old 03-20-2021, 10:25 AM

Liked 241 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
Doing the CCW training here is still on the TODO list, but given the current environment, I'm questioning the wisdom of getting a license. My concern is it is a list of gun owners.

MN is a duty to retreat state, so the you are in much more legal jeopardy than in a lot of other states. One benefit of having it is it bypasses the requirement to get a purchase permit to buy a pistol here.

I'm weighing the probability of actually needing it (very low) vs. the consequences of being on a gun banner's list (severe?).

Too bad there is no constitutional carry here, and we are unlikely to ever get it.
Have you ever bought a hunting license? Have you ever used a credit card to buy ammo? Have you ever been in the military? Ever been in law enforcement?
There are so many ways to find gun owners not limited to a CCW or 4473.
Boomers are the craziest with their ideas of ‘flying under the radar’ They don’t know what to say when asked “Ever been in the military, are you collecting social security, drive a GM car, have a cell phone”?
If you answer yes to one or more of those “they” know who and where you are and you are not living off the grid lol.
The Following User Likes This Post: