View Single Post

Old 03-26-2021, 11:08 PM

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default UPDATE

I have now installed the AEK trigger kit and the semi drop in barrel. Both pretty straight forward to install, barrel just takes patience (go slow). Like their video says...its a process.

The trigger is polymer but feels much more substantial and stable compared to the stock hinged trigger. Overall the action is way way smoother, “the wall” and reset both more noticible. I was ok with the stock trigger, just didn’t like the mushy feel of the hinge. The Apex trigger really exceeds my expectations. Dry firing alone there is a huge difference. Actually shooting feels much more instinctual.

Haven’t done any shooting with the barrel yet. The fit up is amazing. The hood of the barrel fits perfectly into the slide. With the recoil spring removed it drops in and out of battery with gravity, yet there is no perceptible wiggle when in battery. The stock had a little movement, but the Apex is just ridiculous. The fit up of the locking surface goes from extremely tight to perfect as you go through the fitting process. There’s just a noticeable difference in the action just cycling the slide by hand. Can’t wait to take this thing to the range.

If you’re considering either one of these upgrades they’re well worth it. And if you’ve field stripped and cleaned your gun, you can install both of these yourself. Apex customer service is amazing. The fitting file they carry was out of stock but the provided a spec for alternatives, and they also provided additional install directions to go along with their videos. I had a couple fo questions about during barrel fitting and the quickly answered those as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 424C4E89-6DB9-42CD-8CE2-3B53110DA989.jpg (104.1 KB, 21 views)
The Following User Likes This Post: