View Single Post

Old 04-05-2021, 01:55 PM
US Veteran

Liked 18,767 Times in 4,801 Posts

About 7 years ago I bought a 38/44 HD out of the For Sale forum here. Seller said the gun may have been refinished, but it was very difficult to tell and he wasn't sure. He lied. When I got it, Ray Charles could have easily seen the gun had been refinished. It wasn't the best job either.
While it was a decent shooter grade gun, I had paid way too much and the seller refused to take it back. However, It had an absolutely perfect set of early large medallion service stocks on it. I mean these were like the day they left the factory. I decided to try to recoup some of my loss and sell the stocks on this forum. That gun didn't deserve stocks that nice anyway.
Knowing these stocks would go for a good price, I listed them at $400 thinking that I'd lower the price as time went on. Honestly, I expected maybe $250 out of them.
Much to my surprise, they sold at full price in less than an hour! So don't underestimate what a serious collector will pay for something he wants.

BTW: that seller was banned shortly thereafter for reasons unknown to me. But I did get a bit of mental revenge out of it.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: