View Single Post

Old 04-13-2021, 02:26 PM

Liked 2,533 Times in 859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YkcorCal View Post
An absolutely great post and report on the Federal 130gr. HST Micro. I love it when someone takes the time to do a really thorough test and report on a product. As a ballistics "nut" myself I tip my hat for such a great job!

I wish Federal and others would make "similar" rounds specifically designed for the S&W 627 Performance Center 627 and 629 2.6" short barrels and similar such revolvers. They would definitely upgrade the guns' concealed carry personal defense as well as police anti-personnel carry potential. Such a cartridge designed to function at .357 "lite" velocities, .44 Special +P, and .44 Magnum "lite" velocities would offer great protentional in my humble opinion.

Rocky
I may be misinterpreting your comment, so sorry if that's the case.

Both Speer and Federal do make a number of "Short barrel" rounds, so those designed for use in short barrel guns. Their design, supposedly, is to maximize velocity while minimizing flash in those short barrels. I know that I use these in my .38s and still have a supply of the now-discontinued Speer "Short Barrel" .44 Mag Gold Dot that I carry in my M69 2.75" barrel.

There are a couple of really good YouTube channels that have done a lot of testing of ammo in short barrel guns as well. Check HERE and HERE.

I agree with you that it would be great to see even more development of ammo for short barrel carry guns.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Speer Short Barrel 44.jpg (189.4 KB, 24 views)