View Single Post

Old 04-21-2021, 11:13 PM

Liked 314 Times in 126 Posts

You'd be surprised what you can hide under an open shirt or light jacket! This is my hunting rig for a 6 1/2" 629-4 Classic. Our goals and needs are varied but I've never warmed to belt carry for the jamming in my ribs while driving, or printing when reaching for that bottom row at Home Depot. Shoulder holsters make sense for me. I attach the off side to belt but let the gun side be "free." It follows my movement nicely and allows for comfortable fit with frame pack. A shoulder holster also keeps your gun protected from the elements such as snow, branches and yes rocks when traversing rock slides. And when you have to drop your pants your gun is always in the same place! Oh, you can also draw with your left hand which might come in handy. Another thing to consider is it is completely comfortable when seated in a car and is easy and discreet to draw without the contortions needed from a belt holster.

The 4" Galco rig is for my 629-1 or 29-4. I recently bought it so it has zero miles on it.

I've tried other shoulder rigs but non compare to Galco. They're expensive but you end up buying only one!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210421_122819.jpg (92.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 20210421_123133.jpg (90.7 KB, 20 views)
The Following User Likes This Post: