View Single Post

Old 05-08-2021, 11:06 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default 9mm questions ...

I have been reloading for 30+ years but have never reloaded for the 9mm. I haven't even had a 9mm pistol since I sold my Shield to my brother about 3 years ago. That changed this week when I bought a new M&P 2.0 9mm Compact with a 4" barrel.

Starting a month ago when I realized I was going to need 9mm reloading components because I was going to buy that pistol when I found one, I have found dies (RCBS carbide), bullets, more powder, and brass.

Powder - W231 (also use in my 45 acp)

Bullets - Berry's 115gr RN plated and 124gr RN plated, and Rim Rock 100gr FP Hard Cast lead

Brass - I found 1500 pieces of range brass since new brass is impossible to find

So after all of that, my questions concern the range brass which actually exceeded what I was expecting when I met the guy. The brass had been cleaned and one bag of 500 had been deprimed. The mixed brass included Starline, Win, Rem, Blazer, and other brands I am unfamiliar with. Is there any of this I should avoid using for whatever reasons?

Even though I have only tossed out 4 pieces after inspection, I am a little concerned about using some brand I shouldn't be reloading in my "middle of the road" loads I plan to use. Not all pieces said 9mm Luger as some shows 9mm Makarov which I do not know if I can use. All pieces fit fine in the 9mm shell holder when depriming but that doesn't tell me too much.

What should I toss out as none are primed but only deprimed? I did notice some of the pieces were not smooth from the mouth down on the inside but had like 2 steps making sizing a little more difficult. This brass says 9x19mm. I have attached a picture showing the top step (?) and there is another one approximately 1/16" from the bottom. I have not seen this before ... sorry ... but better safe than sorry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1043.jpg (40.8 KB, 151 views)