View Single Post

Old 05-18-2021, 09:15 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is a very old thread but does not really answer the question. Most of the answers are based on assumptions, like 9x21 is hot loaded and additional 2mm length of the chamber is required. Its all BS.
Its not one size fit all. There difference in the dynamics of 9mm 9x19 of different brands even with same grain weight. 9mm 9x19 115Grain can produce energy of usually less than 400ft-lb but some examples like Fiocchi and Extreme shock ammo can produce energy well over that (442ft-lb). 9x21 produces energy usually less than 500ft-lb. The 9x21 I had were 464ft-lb, bought about 8000 rounds at the start of Pandemic and have used over 6000 in Glock17 and Tanfoglio witness extreme without any problem. The additional length of the shell is overlapping the projectile and the over all length is generally the same in both or may be a difference of less than 0.5mm is there. We shoot both 9x21 and 9x19 without feeling any difference or malfunction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooboy View Post
Hi, Looking for an answer and don't know who or where to ask. I bought a Tanfoglio TZ 75 Series 88, an almost direct clone of a CZ 75. It came with both a regular 9mm barrel, and also a longer threaded barrel with compensator. The copmenesator barrel says 9mm Para, but right underneath that stamping is a 9 x 21 stamping. This gun was formerly used in IPSC competition I believe, or back when it was fashionable to hand load 9 x 21 ammo. I also have read that both rounds are nearly identical in length, with I believe the 21 case a little longer but the bullet length a little shorter, that way they are comparable in length. I dropped a 9mm Para round into the barrel chamber and it appears to fit just fine. So my question is, can I shoot the Para rounds in this barrel without any concerns ? I probably won't use it too much, but I'd really like to mess around with it a little bit. Please help me if you can, and thanks in advance, I'll post a picture or two of the old girl too, Shoo
The CZ 75BD and it's Italian cousin, CZ on top:

The old girl with comp barrel: