View Single Post

Old 06-17-2021, 01:37 PM

Liked 2,083 Times in 389 Posts
Default Gov. Abbott Signs Constitutional Carry Bill

Yesterday, June 16, Texas Governor, Greg Abbott, signed the Constitutional Carry Bill into law. It takes effect on September 1, 2021.

I urge all fellow Texans, and visitors who intend to carry, to read a good and well-prepared interpretation of the new law. Texas Law Shield has an excellent synopsis outlining similarities between permitted carry and Constitutional carry - there are similarities and some important differences. I'd love to list the comparisons but I am not an attorney and never played one on T.V. either.

Permitted carry allows more flexibility in more situations including some where Constitutional carry is not legal but permitted carry is. There is no provision in the new law requiring a person be a Texas citizen/resident to exercise Constitutional carry options within Texas' borders.

Personally I believe there are compelling reasons why Texas residents might prefer to opt for a Texas CHL rather than rely on Constitutional carry but to each his/her own. I certainly intend to maintain my Texas CHL.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: