Thread: First N frame
View Single Post

Old 07-19-2021, 06:59 AM

Liked 4,974 Times in 1,726 Posts

You did very well for your first N frame .357....

I had two 5" and one 3.5" but after getting a 6" really prefer the balance and sight picture more than the shorter guns... The one that found me just happen to letter as being shipped on the day I was born, so that helped a little also...

My one .357 Magnum loading is also a 125 grain load, but most of my .38s and .357s get stoked with .38-44 loads using 6.0 grains of Unique and 155-158 grain cast bullet. Velocity from a 2" barrel is 960 and from a 6" 1150 fps. Buffalo bore loads the same rounds and get about 30 fps faster than my loads.

"LEOs then started practicing with full power Magnum ammo and the revolvers started shooting loose and the forcing cone issue raised its head. That lead to the development of the L frames in the 80s, which paired the K frame's grip with a heavier frame and barrel."...they didn't do so by choice...

After one shooting that went bad it was found that the department had never required their officers to ever qualify with the ammo they carried. They had always qualified with .38s and carried .357s...

After a hefty law suit payment the word went out and and most states required officers to qualify with what they carry. In NH we had to shoot back to back qualifying scores, one with practice ammo and one with duty...

Bob
The Following User Likes This Post: