View Single Post

Old 07-22-2021, 08:44 AM

Liked 211 Times in 108 Posts

I just LOVE those Model 10's, and or any of the M&P Series. Although I've always been partial to the original, aka 'skinny' barrel variants, they unfortunately don't shoot as well as the later HB configuration. When I first went on the job in May of 1980, our primary issue were S&W & Colt 4" .38 Special Revolvers, along with an assortment of 2" versions, again of both makes which were used for times when the shorter barrel was more desirable. My very first Off Duty weapon was a beautiful S&W M-10 2" R/B, which I still hate myself for trading in towards a .380 ACP which literally fit in my back pocket. Well, live & learn as they say, for when I went to sight it in the grips split in half, thereby rendering it nonfunctional !! OK, back to a 2" Air Weight carried primarily in an ankle rig. Over the years I literally wore that rig out & finally had to replace it. These days, I still own numerous assorted Revolvers, even in the 'age of the automatic'. Years ago I was fortunate enough to run across an NIB 2" M-642 with Factory Magna-Porting. It must have been some form of 'special run' from one of the S&W Distributors, possibly Ashland, RSR, or someone. Although it's not a target model, it will surely suffice for any up close & personal defensive scenarios I might encounter now that I'm Retired. 'Long Live The S&W Model 10 M&P Revolvers' !

Best, dpast32

Last edited by dpast32; 07-22-2021 at 08:46 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: