View Single Post

Old 08-07-2021, 12:31 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 10,319 Times in 4,896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan View Post
"Until the really big blasters came along, the world champion meanest, nastiest revolver I had ever fired was a Model 58 (with the small stocks) firing Remington 210 gr. JSPs. I ran the risk of flinching one into the chronograph. 1410 FPS average of five at fifteen feet."

...have chronographed almost every factory made 210 grain load from a 4" barrel and not a one ever made 1300 fps... The Remington 210 JSP only runs 1250+- from a 4" barrel.

...if you get it done in that range, get a bigger gun...

Bob
Bob, that’s interesting. I don’t doubt your report for a minute, but neither do I doubt my chronograph. I no longer have that particular Model 58. I believe I sold it a few years ago to a member here. Maybe it was a particularly fast gun, or a particularly fast box of ammo - or both? Can’t say as I have neither any more for a re-test, so I guess it will be a mystery, to me.

I agree 100% with your last comment, if I understand it correctly. If a good load from a .41 Magnum revolver won’t do the trick, it’s time to get out a rifle, or a 12-gauge with slugs.

Thanks for your observations.
The Following User Likes This Post: