View Single Post

Old 08-07-2021, 01:37 PM

Liked 7,140 Times in 3,027 Posts

I learned many moons ago that I didn't need to push loads to (real) max to get them to perform very well. My load at just under 1100 FPS in the 41 with an approx 250 gr bullet would shoot through an Alaskan moose front to back. But I did find the 41 to shoot well in almost all loadings...about like a 44 does. But for me the 41 has a fair amount less recoil and a fair amount less "pressure wave" associated with it. As far as the uses of a 41 being unnecessary...for 99% of shooting the 44 mag is unnecessay. Oh heck the old max loads of the 357 were for the most part unnecessary and the old original lead bullet loads required way too much lead removal...lol. But the fact is the firearm and ammunition field is not static..it is an evolving thing. The same people who say the 6.5 Creedmore is a ground breaking invention are truly deluding themselves. It does nothing better other than maybe being a little more accurate because of case dimensions better bullets and maybe a bit better rifle builds. CNC et al. I am, I admit, a 41 fan if you want to call it that....but there is always someone who believes in "magic". I do not like the max loads of anything. I am also a fan of the 327 Federal Mag...It is often compared to the 357. Is it nigh on to the 357?? Not really but it is a fun round to shoot and fairly easy to load to any level...not so... to HOT! The 41 is pretty much the same and for one I'm glad to have it. There are the naysayers who say it is an unnecesary round but for the most part...it is just unnecesary for them
The Following User Likes This Post: