View Single Post

Old 08-10-2021, 07:35 AM
US Veteran

Liked 1,436 Times in 604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB57 View Post
It really comes down to wether an individual can shoot something larger than 9mm Luger with suitable accuracy. Some can. Others can’t.
I'd guess I can. One time several years ago my brother and a friend of his were shooting at an improvised range and shooting at a coke bottle cap at 85 yds. They were shooting a .44mag Ruger Super Blackhawk. 24 rounds and neither hit the bottle cap nor from what I could see did they come close.

It took me a bit of time (maybe 30 sec) as I leveled my .45ACP 1911 but one shot sent the bottle cap flying into the brush. Did I get a square hit, did I hit on the edge of the cap, did I hit next to it which caused it to fly away? I don't know because I never found it after looking for several minutes. What I do know is given the time, you're not safe from a shot from me at that distance. Mind you the bottle cap was not shooting back and I really can't swear that I'd have the same level of accuracy if you were.

One shot, one bottle cap! I quit shooting for the day, didn't have anything else to prove.

Last edited by Llance; 08-10-2021 at 07:58 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: