View Single Post

Old 08-13-2021, 08:49 PM

Liked 4,116 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biku324 View Post
Be careful with even these points. Brain shots are also dependent on hit location, penetration, and bullet direction. HCSO Deputy Ali Salinas was shot in the right forehead with a 9mm 115 grain Federal JHP and was knocked down, but survived a long wait to get medical help and is 95% today. Frontal lobe hits may not kill, nor even completely incapacitate.

And I apologize; there may be similar experiences out there with 40s, 45s, 357 SIGs, etc., but I'm truly not aware of any.
When I was in middle school we had a guy a few years ahead who was involved in the early Iraq war. Dude took a 7.62x39 round through his helmet, through his brain, and out into the other side of the helmet (somehow got trapped in the kevlar between some layers on another side of the helmet). He described realizing something was wrong, raising his rifle to find the threat, then blacking out within around ten seconds. When I saw him after his return he was in remarkably good shape, definitely had some temper issues that weren't there before, but otherwise fine and functional. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't and there's not a good way to account for that.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: