View Single Post

Old 08-14-2021, 08:51 PM

Liked 161 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwslate View Post
I beg to disagree. I watch some of these shows on TV about SD instruction but not very often. I think that they have little relevance for the real world. If suddenly viciously attacked by someone with or without a deadly weapon you may be lucky to even get your gun in a position to fire at your assailant. Your first shot will be the one that you fire at any part of their body you can get in front of your muzzle. Foot, ankle,hand,belly, anything to draw blood and get them off of you. These practice drills shown by the “experts” on tv have more relevance to competition games than saving your life in the real world. What do you think you are going to aim at if you are rushed as you get out of or try to enter your vehicle in a parking lot at night?
I am going to aim between the nipples and press the trigger until the bad person either stops being bad, or stops being a person.

Practice drawing from concealment isnt some mythical magical thing that only works in games.

Tell me something, when was the last time you practiced drawing a weapon from concealment on a timer? When was the last time you practiced drawing from concealment and engaging a target or multiple targets on a timer? When was the last time you practiced drawing from concealment , engaging a target or multiple targets, from an awkward position on a timer? I've done all of the above. It really i easy to get proficient at all of them. It just takes a modicum of dedication to the craft of carrying a firearm daily.

Last edited by ElectroMotive; 08-14-2021 at 08:54 PM.