View Single Post

Old 08-31-2021, 06:40 PM

Liked 1,229 Times in 284 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark brewer View Post
if having a gun in the vehicle is considered concealed, then how do you take your gun to a range or hunting? do you have to have a concealed permit to take your gun hunting?
So PA is an open carry state as long as you're on foot and you're not in a city of the first class, which PA's largest city, Philadelphia is.

In that case you need a LTCF(License to Carry a Firearm) to open and conceal carry there. Also, PA does not issue a Concealed Carry License only a LTCF.

As for vehicles, as soon as you enter one or get on a motorcycle it's considered concealed carry which you cant do without a LTCF.

Now there are some exceptions to transporting a firearm if you don't have a LTCF. With the firearm unloaded then cased and any ammunition in it's own "case" container, you can go to and from the range, gun store or an alternate residence. No stops are permitted in between.

I also believe this pertains to hunting as well.

FYI: You can't open carry at all if there's a declaration of a state of emergency, unless you have a LTCF.

Confused? Yeah, so are most people in our state but we manage.

Finally, I open carry here and there and see plenty of guns on peoples hips and in waste bands, which is normal around my area, just outside of Philadelphia.

Best Regards,

Kobsw

Last edited by kobsw; 09-17-2021 at 06:50 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: