View Single Post

Old 09-22-2021, 01:02 PM

Liked 161 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwslate View Post
I have never practiced any of the above and never will. You’re doing exactly what I’m talking about when people watch these silly scenarios acted out by Jim and his pals on tv. They have NO relevance to the reality of a SD situation for an average Joe going about his normal routine. Multiple targets on a timer? Get real. Aim between the nipples? With what? Your full size .357 Sig auto pulled out of your retention holster under your photographer’s vest to chest level and thrust out at your multiple opponents lined up at 21ft. Wow. What I have practiced for over fifty years and will continue to do is carefully observe the people around me when I’m anywhere there are other people. Be very aware of your surroundings and learn to read body language. If you really feel threatened and can’t get out of the situation the place for your gun is in your hand. I’d like to see you make your practiced quick draw and aim for your two to CM and one for the head if someone gets close enough pin you against your vehicle with the door and sticks a cheap .25 auto to the back of your neck. LEO and civilian SD are two very different realities in the real world. I’ve been in a few situations where I really thought I was going to have to shoot someone after all these years but was very relieved when I was able to avoid doing so. SD for civilians is way more about thinking than stupid thousands of dry firings or shooting at steel targets.
To translate your wall of skreed:

"I can't be taught. I cannot learn further."

I had this whole response typed up, then I realized you're either trolling the board, or you're at bliss being willfully ignorant and obtuse. Quite frankly we are all dumber for having read your posts.