View Single Post

Old 09-24-2021, 03:31 AM

Liked 5,297 Times in 1,737 Posts

I remember seeing an Eagle carbine many, many years ago. It had been converted to full auto by a small modification to the internal parts. Very easy.

I had a bank robbery case where the suspect used a certain semi-auto pistol. He had taken the gun apart and reassembled it wrong. Even though it fired from the closed bolt, it sure did work. I photographed it in detail to show how it could be converted to full auto and sent the photographs plus a detail description to Ed Owen at ATF Firearms Technology Branch. I never heard back. I didn't mention the make and model here because the moderators might not like me giving information on illegal conversions.

There was another open bolt,semi-auto carbine that I saw at an early SHOT Show. The manufacturer told me that ATF had examined it and determined it was "virtually impossible" to convert it to a machinegun. About 10 years ago, we got our hands on one. My co-worker and I disassembled it to see if it really was "virtually impossible" to convert. It took me about 5 seconds to see how it could be done. My co-worker was a little slow. It took him about 6 seconds. We brought the carbine to a Class 2 manufacturer, he did our conversion, and then transferred it back to our agency. It worked real good. The modification took only a few minutes. "Virtually impossible"? Not really. Again, no make and model.

Last edited by jag312; 09-24-2021 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Spelling
The Following 3 Users Like Post: