Thread: My First AR
View Single Post

Old 09-24-2021, 10:15 PM

Liked 7,330 Times in 1,641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlHunt View Post
I'm curious why you're partial to that stock over any other piece of plastic that will keep your shoulder off the buffer tube.

I have a few different ARs with different buttstocks and just don't see any difference. There are some differences in sling attachments, looks, etc. But once it's on my shoulder, I can't tell which one is on there.

60 bucks for a piece of plastic is a lot of money.
Well, it's a bit more than just '"a...piece of plastic". But that's your take on it. Other than QD sling attachments, appearance, etc., the B5, is a well made, solid, tough as nails stock. But the main difference is it's designed with cheek welds on either side of the stock, which I prefer for faster, consistent cheek welds. They especially help when running optics. Plus, it has storage compartments for extra batteries, firing pin, etc. as a bonus. There's a few other companies that make similar stocks as the B5, like MagPul. I just happen to perfer the B5.

MagPul MOE on Left - B5 SOPMOD on Right

B5 SOPMOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by giants1 View Post
I have another AR-15 lower that had a collapsible stock. To make it California-compliant before attaching it to a lower, I had to fix the stock. Unfortunately, I removed the pin that holds the release lever screw head in place (that turned out to be unnecessary). Now, I can't get the pin back in. Any tips?
It's just a roll pin, right? You might have to use something like a wooden dowel to push & hold that spring loaded shaft down from the inside of the stock so you can pound the roll pin back in.

Last edited by Eric300; 09-24-2021 at 10:28 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: